Lately it has been freaking pot luck city at work. Since I’m avoiding the festivities, and opting for the healthier options, I thought I’d document 6 things I’ve recently noticed about working in a corporate/cubicle/call center environment. If you can think of anything else to add, go on ahead!
This list of 6 observations doesn’t have a title…Feel free to get namin’:
1. You more than likely can survive without ever needing to bring/buy your own lunch. One of the teams will be having a pot-luck. Guaranteed.
2. You can always have free dessert, too. There is sure to be a cake somewhere, for people celebrating God knows what.
3. When walking anywhere on the floor you notice somebody with years of tenure, and a solid case of “chair butt”, and say a little prayer hoping you’ll never end up like that.
4. You try to do squats and other “desk friendly” exercises. That lasts about 2 seconds. You might even try working while standing up all day. This will last more than 2 seconds, but not more than 2 days. You surmise that someday, you will have “chair butt”, and you will cross that bridge when you get to it.
5. Oh shit, I think I have “chair butt”.
6. You decide to go on a diet. People think you’re crazy for bringing your lunch, you know… since your team is having a potluck.